Lets face it, red lipstick is a classic makeup staple and is not going out of style anytime soon. I am not talking about those vampy, zombie dead reds but the classic bright red colors that gets you noticed a mile away. A kick-ass red lipstick that gives you a confidence boost like nothing else.
These signature Valentine’s Day looks never get old, it’s actually my favorite. For those women who have reservations about wearing the right color of red, fear no more. Red colored lipsticks with blue undertones compliment most complexions and can even make your teeth appear whiter. Add a neutral gold eye and now you are rockin this classy, sexy yet simple look.
Applying red lipstick can be tricky and very messy. There have been everything from lip creams to lip crayons to lip tints, but none of those hold a candle to what a liquid matte lipstick can do. It gives you the color of a lipstick with just one coat, dries matte and the best part, it’s smudge resistant (kiss proof).
Say goodbye to constantly reapplying that creamy, glossy mess and hello to your new favorite liquid matte lipstick! Here are a few of my favorites in no particular order. Choosing only a handful was tough.
- Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick (color: ICON) $28
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro (color: 402) $38
- Colour Pop (color: SUCCULENT) $6
- Anastasia Beverly hills Liquid Lipstick (color: CANDY APPLE) $20
- Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick (color: SANTA SANGRE) $20
- Lime Crime Velevetines (color: RED VELVET) $20
- Stila All Day (color: BESO) $24
- Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (color: TOP TOMATO) $10
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick (color: KITTEN HEELS) $7
- Wet-N-Wild Mega Last Liquid Lip color (color: RED MY MIND) $3
This Valentine’s Day, go hard ladies and leave your reservations about red lipsticks at home!